Monday, 2:15 pm - 4:00 pm, building E2 1, room 007; please note the different dates and time of lectures no. 3 and 5 (Fridays, 1:15 pm - 3:00 pm, room 007)
Monday, 12:15 pm - 01:45 pm, building E2 1, room 007, starting on November 20th.
This course can be used as a "Spezialvorlesung der Biowissenschaften/Special-topic Lecture Biosciences"
no formal requirements, but solid prior knowledge about
- cellular networks
- omics technologies
- biological content
- circadian rhythms
- cell cycle
- cell differentiation/cell reprogramming
- development of cancer
- bioinformatics content
- microarray expression analysis
- DNA methylation analysis
- time series analysis
- GO and pathway annotation
- interaction networks
- application of clustering techniques
- construction of gene-regulatory networks
Conditions for certification:
- There will be n=6 biweekly assignments. Students need to write short essays about topics covered in the lecture and in assigned research papers. There are three possible grades: excellent, pass, failed. Students need to get a "pass" grade on at least n-1 assignments or n-3 "pass" and one "excellent" grade.
- There will be three 45-minutes tests on different parts of the lecture. Students need to pass at least two out of the three tests. Tests will cover the content of the lecture and of the assigned research papers.
- Students need to present at least once during the lecture on the content of an assigned research paper (20 min. presentation and 10 min. discussion).
An averaged score will be computed from the best two results of the three tests and the graded presentation. This yields the grade of certification ("Schein"). There will be no final exam.
5 (2 V + 1 Ü)
This course is taught in English language.
|Lecture 1, October 23||ppt|
|Lecture 2, October 30||ppt||Assignment 1||Suppl1|
|Lecture 3, Friday, November 3, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm||ppt|
|Lecture 4, November 13||ppt|
|Lecture 5, Friday, November 17, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm||ppt|
|Lecture 6, November 27||ppt|
|Lecture 7, December 4||ppt|
|Lecture 8, December 11||ppt|
|Lecture 9, December 18||ppt|
|Lecture 10, January 8||ppt|
|Lecture 11, January 15||ppt|
|Lecture 12, January 22||ppt|
|Lecture 13, January 29||ppt|