First lecture: May 5th, 2020;
Students intending to take this course should send an
e-mail to email@example.com
so that they can be registered as participants in
Microsoft Teams in the course named “PBD-SS2020”.
The username is <your student ID>@uni-saarland.de (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password is the same one you use for the LSF/HISPOS or other university logins.
More information on how to use Microsoft Teams at Saarland University can be found here.
Students not physically present in Saarland can take an online exam instead. Please regard the registration deadline of July 24th, 2020, for this exam at LSF. A later registration will not be possible.
This course can be used as a “Spezialvorlesung der Bioinformatik/Special-topic Lecture Bioinformatics”
Intermediate programming skills in Python
- clustering of data
- principal component analysis
- differential expression analysis
- removal and correction of data outliers; prediction of missing values
- processing of proteomics data; imputation of missing values
- peak assignment
- shape detection
- functional annotation
- protein structure data (Protein DataBank); thermal mobility; titration states; hydration sites; PDBcheck
- molecular dynamics simulations; time correlation of snapshots
- multi-variate analysis
- analysis of multi-dimensional data; data integration
Conditions for certification:
Students need to pass the final exam.
There will be about six bi-weekly graded assignments and tutorial sessions. Students need to get at least 50% of the points from the assignments to be admitted to the final exam.
5 (2 V + 1 Ü)
This course is taught in English language.
|Lecture 1, May 5||ppt1-audio
|Lecture 2, May 12||ppt1-audio
|Lecture 3, May 19||ppt1-audio
|Lecture 4, May 26||ppt1-audio
|Lecture 5, June 2|
|Lecture 6, June 9
[Swapped with lecture 7!]
|Lecture 7, June 16|
|Lecture 8, June 23||Assignment 4|
|Lecture 9, June 30|
|Lecture 10, July 7||Assignment 5|
|Lecture 11, July 14|